1.May is Mental Health Matters Month! Did you know that half of us will have a mental health challenge in our lifetime? Help us spread awareness of the importance of mental health by sharing this post.
2. Did you know that lime green is the national color of mental health awareness? Show your support by wearing lime green – ribbons, t-shirt, nail polish and more all month long in May! Learn more and get your lime green gear at EachMindMatters.org.
3. People are coming together to spread mental health awareness across California during May is Mental Health Matters Month. To find an event near you, visit EachMindMatters.org/events.
4. Listeners are lending an ear to those in need of support at Sidewalk Talks across California this month. To attend a Listening Event or to become a volunteer, visit SidewalkTalkSF.com.
5. In honor of May is Mental Health Matters Month, see what is being done in California to end stigma: https://vimeo.com/191840161.
6. Did you know that early support and help for those with mental health challenges can improve quality of life? Helping to create safe spaces to reach out or simply listening to your loved ones can encourage them to seek help.
7. Pain isn’t always obvious. Most people thinking about suicide show some signs that they need help. If you see even one warning sign, step in or speak up. Take the time to learn what to do now so you’re ready to be there for a friend or loved one when it matters most. Learn more: www.SuicideIsPreventable.org
8. Practice silence and get into the listening zone this month. We can all be better listeners to those who need a friendly ear. Learn how from our partners at Sidewalk Talk: A Community Listening Project.