Our Warmline/Help Desk has trained and knowledgeable volunteers who offer free and confidential information, referral and support services to individuals, family and friends who have been affected by mental illness.
Contact the Warmline/Help Desk:
- Call us at: (408) 453-0400, option 1 (*not a crisis line) or
- Visit us at: 1150 S. Bascom Ave., Suite 24, San Jose, CA 95128, during NAMI office hours: Monday thru Friday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm (excluding holidays – see Office Closed dates on the Calendar of Events to the right of this page).
- Email us at: email@example.com. (Include a contact phone number if you wish us to call you back)
* If you have an emergency or crisis situation Call 9-1-1 and ask for a CIT (Crisis Intervention Team) Officer. If you need urgent crisis support please call the Suicide & Crisis Hotline 855-278-4204, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Note: When our office is closed, you can leave a voice mail or send an email, and we will return your call during our NAMI office hours.
Note: Click below to check out our FAQs page. You may find answers to many of your questions there.
About the Warmline/Help Desk
The purpose of the Warmline/Help Desk is to serve as a resource center for anyone seeking information or support. This can include individuals dealing with mental illness, their families, friends and mental health professionals. You can access our Warmline by coming into our office, by calling our phone line, or by emailing us from this web site. Our Warmline team offers support, compassionate listening, and information and/or referrals on a multitude of mental health issues and resources, including:
- Understanding mental illness, and its effect on individuals, families and friends.
- Understanding the mental health laws and systems, how to obtain mental health services, and how to overcome obstacles to getting help with mental health problems
- NAMI education classes and programs
- Support groups for individuals and their families, offered by NAMI and other organizations
- Referrals to services available from agencies within the Santa Clara County
- Referrals to commonly requested community resources, including: legal services, financial assistance, housing, job training and placement, and social support and activities.
Most importantly, our Warmline/Help Desk offers nonjudgmental support to individuals and families during times of need, as well as guidance about how to start on a path of recovery. Warmline volunteers often have years of lived experience and some personal knowledge of the problems individuals and families are facing. They try to offer compassion and a message of hope. Our Warmline volunteers are here to give you unconditional attention and care.
The Warmline/Help Desk continues to be one of NAMI Santa Clara County’s most critical programs. Our Warmline/Help Desk team addresses thousands of phone calls, walk-in visits, and email inquiries every year. The Warmline has been operating for over 25th years!
Warmline Frequently Used Documents
The documents in the NAMI Welcome Packet are helpful to anyone new to NAMI Santa Clara County and wishing to learn about our programs, services and events.
The NAMI Resource Guide contains up-to-date information on Santa Clara County mental health and community resources (including crisis numbers, NAMI and community mental health support groups and NAMI programs.
The NAMI Newsletter contains the latest news, information and events at NAMI Santa Clara County
3) AB1424 Form:
Assembly Bill 1424 requires that all individuals making decisions about involuntary treatment consider information supplied by family members. The AB 1424 Form provides a means for family members to communicate about their relative’s mental health history to psychiatric and court authorities, who must read the information and keep a copy in a Consumer’s health or court record.
4) Conservatorship Forms:
- What is a Conservatorship? (brochure)
- Instructions for Completing the Medical Declaration (used during the Conservatorship process)
You are welcome to view, print out and post our full page flyer describing WARMLINE Help Desk services.